Friday, February 6, 2009

Incredible So Far

It's 1 o'clock in the morning and I think I finally found an email account that might let me blog.  I've tried my yahoo, gmail, and hotmail accounts and none will pull up over here.  Finally I tried my work email which pulled up.  Hopefully this isn't sending some crazy security alert over there but I'm pretty sure it's ok. 
 
The trip so far has been incredible.  The flights were great and we actually landed early.  ALL our luggage made it which was a blessing.  We had heard stories lately of luggage not making it.  We made it in about 11 on Thursday night and were exhausted.  We didn't sleep much that night since we were to meet Malachi this morning.  Our travel group is great and we feel like we've know these people for a long time.  We did meet most online through our yahoo travel group that was a huge advantage. 
 
We got to meet Malachi this morning and that was truly an amazing thing.  Even though we knew God was calling us to do this and were totally confident I still had some small doubt about whether I could love a kid that we adopted as much as a biological child.  I can honestly tell you that I see no difference. Malachi is truly our and was a huge blessing the few hours we got to play with him today. 
 
He is HUGE.  Most of the kids over going home are 15-24 months old and Malachi is almost as big as a lot of them.  He has very chunky legs and if you see him eat you can see why.  He inhales his food.  More so than I do for those of you who think I eat fast. 
 
Even though I'm awake at one in the morning I do think we have beat any jet lag.  Thank you flyright and also staying awake most of the flight over there and today and so we were totally exhausted and went to bed at nine this morning. 
 
Today we only get to see Malachi for three hours, then we go to the museum, and then a traditional Ethiopian dinner tonight.  Tomorow we don't see him at all as they like to let the careworkers rest.  We are planning on going to church tomorrow morning and then a resort tomorrow where you can get a full hour massage for about $20. 
 
Talk to everyone later. 

4 comments:

Sgeank said...

be safe and welcome home Malachi!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We're so happy to hear that you landed safely with your luggage. We have been checking this blog a thousand times a day! Malachi is one blessed baby to have such fantastic parents! :)

Can't wait to hear all about your experiences!

Love to you both -
Marc and Staci

Josh Hall said...

Don't rough it too much! Ha!

Christa Bertram said...

It's great to get the update. Prayers for a safe and calm trip home and an easy transition. Hug all the babies for us!!!