Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home Study Complete!!!

Well we just received word that our home study is complete and has been reviewed by the home office and we are good to go. We are so excited. At this point we have done all we can do and it is all in God's hands for the timing. For those of you that know me please pray for patience. If I was to guesstimate where we are at I would guess a referral sometime around August/September and then travel in November/December. There have been a lot of people join the program in the past months so wait times are up a little. The director of the program just got back from a trip to Korea and Ethiopia so every one is hoping to get more details sometime in the near future as far as specific wait times. We are also open to either and I know the majority of people waiting have requested a girl so that could help our wait time. I really think it could be sooner than my guesstimate but I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. I have a tendancy to get a little impatient but there is literally NOTHING we can do at this point to speed up or slow down the process. It's exciting to think there's a child out there that God has for us.

I'm hoping to send the packet off either tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Keep us in your prayers and we'll keep everyone updated on here as we go along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Congratulations. We will impatiently wait with you. Keeping you in our prayers.

Hollyberry

Meredith said...

Fantastic news! If only I could say the same was true for us... :)