Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fingerprinted

Well today we were fingerprinted which is the last step before approval is issued from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. To show how much red tape there is in our government sometime Sarah and I had to take a seperate trip to Kansas City today to get fingerprinted by the Immigration office up there. It had to be done on a Wednesday between the hours of 8:00-3:15. So even though we are going up there to spend the weekend with my parents we still had to drive up there in a seperate trip. With $1.50 gas it's not as big of deal but driving home from church tonight I saw $3.69 gas at the QT in Ozark. Not cool. I think it's about time to take even more steps to curb our gas consumption, but that's another post for my new blog which is rolled out now. You can view my personal profile to find the link. Enjoy but don't get too offended:)

Back to adoption......we have no done everything we need to and are patiently waiting. It's not been too bad so far but it's only been 2 weeks. We were only able to confirm two referrals last week which means for sure we are 21 but there still could be the other five that were talked about. The assistant program director is currently in Ethiopia so we hope to get a lot of updates when she returns. Since this is a new program for Holt we are called "pioneer" families. Basically that means we are the test subjects and sometimes the timelines and that that they give us are totally flexible. We are really ok with that. We have every weekend from now until August booked with something. We shouldn't have a problem staying busy.

This will probably be the last adoption post until after Memorial day so you can take it easy and not check the blog for a while. We are close to 1,000 visits though. I should give something to the 1,000 visitor but I probably won't:) I will be blogging on my new blog so check it out!

Happy Holiday!

Adam

No comments: