Monday, April 28, 2008

Give the Government Credit

Many times we hear complaints about the government and many times I am the one complaining. I will have to give the government points for our first encounter with them so far this adoption. Sarah received her passport today. We applied at the post office in Nixa on April 19th and she received it today. That is 10 days total, 4 of which were weekend days. I had heard they were moving fast but was really surprised it was this quick. Hopefully mine will come tomorrow or shortly there after. The next big hurdle with the government will be getting our application through customs but I also hear that is moving very fast.

What's not moving fast is getting final approval on our home study. The home study is complete and signed off by the social worker but someone at Holt's main office in Oregon has to review it for any words or phrases that won't translate to Amharic which is the language in Ethiopia. I've heard they've been very busy getting referrals ready but can't they take a little time to review our study???? We literally have our Dossier ready and will send off immediately upon receiving the final home study.

A couple of people have asked about the title of the blog, 7,999 Miles, so I thought I'd explain. It's really very simple, from Nixa, Missouri to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia it is 7,999 miles. I thought it was cool and clever.

Not much else to report at this time. I keep thinking I'm going to have big news to post but not yet. Hopefully the blog won't get too boring. Already up to almost 450 visits to the site!

No comments: