Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nothing Much New

The last two days haven't had too much happen towards the adoption. We got another document signed and notarized today so all we have left is picking up our letters from the police department with our new address and then waiting for the home study to be complete.

There may be a slight delay in getting our home study. Judy, our case worker, said she would have it complete on Friday but at the time didn't realize the Ethiopian director, who is also the director of Holts Korea program, was in Korea. She is seeing if her assistant will sign off. If you read this please pray that she can so we can get this sent off. I really think once it is sent off I will be a little more patient for a while. Well.....maybe. I'm slightly afraid we may have gotten ahead of ourselves and have wishful thinking but everything we hear is three months for a referral of a boy. That being said we have plenty to do between now and then. Some items left to complete before the adoption include...

1) Set up Leah's new room with big kid bed
2) Set up nursery
3) New Camcorder-I'm justifying this by telling myself everyone back home will want pictures why we are over there
4) Lap Top-This is a necessity, our desktop is about to break, horrible noise when we start it and then it flashes some lights and finally comes in
5) Put Together Leah's swing set

Hopefully we'll start putting some dents in some of this stuff.

On a side note I was talking to some people at church tonight and I've decided I think I will start another blog unrelated to the adoption. I have so many politcal rants and other stuff I like to go on that probably don't belong on an adoption blog. Look for that coming soon.......(I'm sure you are all holding your breath!)

2 comments:

Sgeank said...

Well I should tell you of all our relatives when I told Joel you were a member of the Young Republicans club he was quite relieved so I'm looking forward to the political blog:) (I won't ride with joel and his talk radio much) it is very depressing. But you go Adam:)
Aunt Sheila

Anonymous said...

I do hope and pray that the Ethiopian Director's assistant can sign off for both of you. Do you honestly think that the signature will calm you down? Just kidding you! So, is the referral the same as getting a child that soon?

I do think you should do another blog. You'll prolly think I'm kidding, but I think you would have a lot of interesting opinions and thoughts to share. Whether it be politics or other subjects.

Good luck on your 'to do' list!

Much Love,
CSG