Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Have a Referral!!!!!!!

Well after a few days past four months waiting we received a referral yesterday for a baby boy. Malachi Horton was born on June 13, 2008. He is doing well and is on progress on all the birth charts. It appears he might actually be a pretty tall boy. We are so excited. We had a heads up last week that this probably would happen this week and that it was a 3 month old boy. Just imagine how hard it was for me to go all weekend and Monday with no news!! As part of Ethiopian adoption law we can't post any pictures until he is officially ours. Don't worry though he is absolutely precious looking! Estimated travel time is sometime in late November-late January. We are hoping to be home by Christmas. We will be carrying pictures with us so you can see them if you see us:)



Pray for us that we will wait patiently. Pray for Malachi's health-he is at the Holt Center which is top of the line so he is receiving the best care possible. Pray for the small things-airline tickets will not go through the room, paperwork issues, vaccinations we need. So many little things to get done but we have tons of motivation now to get it done!



We look forward to sharing the rest of our journey with you. Keeep reading!

3 comments:

Kara said...

So excited!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading along since Jeri Ann pointed me to your website. Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of the process!

Anonymous said...

Sarah told me today when I stopped by the salon! We were both in a hurry, so I didn't get to see a photo, but I have an appt in a couple weeks so I'll see him then... I'm sure he's adorable! Congrats!!