Friday, September 5, 2008

Getting REALLY REALLY Close

I've mentioned I'm impatient on here before, haven't I? Well after not hearing anything last week after the rumor of referrals and nothing yet this week I tried really hard to come up with an excuse to call the agency to find out what was up. A friend did point out that if we are paying them good money I probably don't need an excuse to call and that they can probably see right through the excuse but I thought I'd try anyway.

I'm currently signed up to go on a mission trip to El Salvador in November with our church. With the possible referral I've been hesitant to totally commit and haven't purchased my ticket yet. Sounds like a good reason to call right? Well I called yesterday and never got a phone call back. After almost exactly 24 hours I called again . The director picked up and was gracious enough to let me patiently explain how I wasn't trying to hound them but I needed to know whether I could commit to the mission trip. She said well let me get out my list and see where you are at. She then said, well you guys are next up for a baby boy. That was exciting news to hear! From what she told me a lot of referrals went out this week and we are actually #2 on the list but the couple ahead of us has requested an infant girl. The next obvious question was when do you think we might get a referral. Without getting into too much detail or sharing stuff I'm not supposed to it sounds like we might get good news next week:) Keep us in your prayers. We know fully well that God has a wonderful child out there for us whether we receive the referral next week or next month. (God does know how impatient I am too!) All in all it made for a great Friday afternoon. I've got a huge project at work that is taking all my time and keeping me extremely busy so that helps pass the time. We're hoping to get Leah's room painted this week so we can start preparing the nursery soon!

No comments: